My research agenda lies within the nexus of social equity and critical tourism scholarship exploring marginalized populations’ lived experiences and counter narratives. I’m interested in producing and promoting social advocacy while amplifying underrepresented voices within the tourism landscape through practice, research, and education. As a certified qualitative researcher, I design research studies using collective storytelling, visual methodologies, social media analysis, and (auto/duo) ethnography to try and understand how race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and White supremacy influence the travel experience and landscape. This research falls under the umbrella of Tourism RESET where I serve as the Co-Director and Research Fellow. Lastly, I research contents tourism and facilitate improvisational theater workshops to help enhance empathetic listening, critical, and creative skill development.
- HRT 212 Event Planning & Design
- HRT 410 Strategic Marketing in Hospitality & Tourism
- HRT 484 Critical Sustainable Tourism
- RHTM 695 Introduction to Qualitative Research Methodologies in RHTM
- UNHO 101 Keeping It Real: Applying Soft Skills and Mindfulness
- UNHO 101 Improv(e) You: Learning Improvisation Techniques to Enhance Creativity