A few notes from Jeremy Whaley & Chef Tyler White:
Each semester, Ready for the World Café luncheons are carefully themed and the selected menu is a direct reflection of each region’s food culture and culinary arts. In order to further assist our students each semester with the overall execution of the events, the maximum capacity of each luncheon is dependent on the theme. The series is a collaborative effort of students from the UT Hospitality program and the Pellissippi Culinary Institute.
Though we want this to be an enjoyable experience for our customers, this is a classroom for the students and not a restaurant. What is on the menu is what is being served, there are no substitutions for any food items. Please note these are students running the café to gain experience.
Luncheons are $15 each and start at 11:00 a.m., which will allow students to participate in food presentation and final preparations. Reservations must be made for each luncheon of your choice prior to the luncheon date by following this link.
The luncheons usually last anywhere from one hour to one and a half hours at the UT Visitors Center (formally known as the faculty club) 2712 Neyland Drive, Knoxville, TN 37996
If you would like to be added to the list please email email@example.com, and let us know which luncheon, the number of seats and your contact info just in case we have a cancellation.
Please see our Fall 2020 schedule below:
October 22nd – Appalachian Region
- Roasted Corn and Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Herb and Garlic Roasted Bone in Chicken with Tri Colored Honey Glazed Carrots, and Duchess Potatoes
- Upside Down Caramel Apple Cake with Jack Daniels Caramel and Whipped Cream
October 29th – Southern United States
- Kentucky Limestone Salad served with Cornbread and Honey Butter
- Southern Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, and Green Beans
- Pecan Pie
November 5th – Mexican Border
- Creamy Corn and Green Chili Soup
- Red Chili and Cheese Enchiladas with Olla Beans
- Caramel Flan
November 19th – Hawaii
- Ahi Poke
- Hawaiian Roasted Pork Loin served with Seasoned Rice and Asparagus
- Kona Coffee Choco-Mac Tart
Note* Tables will be setup to assist with social distancing. Masks are required for all individuals attending, and all participants will have to answer a COVID questionnaire and pass temperature screening.