Mission: To build and support future leaders in hospitality and tourism by advancing knowledge and skills through education, research, integrity, and excellence.
RHTM Doctoral Program–Plan of study
RHTM Graduate Handbook
Doctoral Committee Appointment Form
Rachel Chen, Ph.D.
• Tourism Economic Impact Assessment
• Tourism Forecasting Model Development
• Tourism and Tourist Marketing
• Geographic Information System Applications in Tourism and Hospitality
Borham Yoon, Ph.D.
• Foodservice Management
• Healthy Eating Environment
• Consumer Dining Behavior
• Obesity and Restaurant Foods
Jeremy Whaley, Ph.D.
• Event Planning
• Food Service and Nutrition
• Entrepreneurship and Hotel Management
• Consumer Motivations and Behavior in Hospitality
James Williams, Ph.D.
• Human Resource Management
• Hospitality Management
Graduate assistantships are available to provide tuition and stipends. Evaluation for acceptance is based on the applicant’s scholastic record, GRE scores, experience and compatibility with teaching or research needs. The University is a participant in the Academic Common market.
Contact the Department of Retail, Hospitality,& Tourism Management
1215 W. Cumberland Ave.
110 Jessie Harris Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-1911
Hospitality & Tourism Management
Retail & Consumer Sciences